State Requirement to Become a Notary Loan Signing Agent

real estate signing document

To become a notary loan signing agent, you will need to obtain a notary public commission certificate.

Although the requirements of most states are similar, there are some distinctions you need to know. For instance, some states would require you to take a notary course and pass an exam, while some have no such requirement.

On the other hand, some are classified as an “Attorney State,” which means the closing documents can only be handled by a licensed attorney. In such a scenario, this could be a disadvantage for a loan signing agent.

To help you in getting to know more about being a notary loan signing agent in each state, you could click on the links below. In there, not only you could find practical tips to become a loan signing agent, but you will also find out their income figures.


  • Jacob Coleman

    Jacob is a content writer and a real estate investor. He has experience working with different real estate professionals throughout the years. (i.e., appraisers, real estate agents, property managers, home inspectors.) In order to build a career you love, Jacob believes not only you need a thorough understanding about the profession, but you also have to find out what type of jobs could match your personality, lifestyle and expectation.